Monday 3 April 1995

Little Star


One fine night  as I stood  by the garden
Uttering a  pray’r looking up in heaven
Suddenly a little star above me slowly glisten
No other stars around, nothing to get even.
As  I looked from afar, a bunch of stars are shining
They’re so bright, they twinkle and they’re so eye-catching
I smiled  - they’re so merry and I enjoyed looking
But the little star is what my eyes are searching.
Night  after night, I look up in the sky
To see the little star and at its presence I sigh,
“I’m a friend, little star  -  I’m here to get by,
To be with you up  there has been my heart’s desire.”
Years passed and still I look up at the little star
Suddenly I noticed, it has moved  quite far
And now it’s different, it shines so bright
Mixed feelings I felt,  it’s peculiar in my sight.
The little star I admired started to grow
Though now, he’s bright, he’s got  a humble glow
Just one thing I can’t deny, he seemed to be so far
Impossible for me to reach, oh my little star!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something about this post..