Thursday 3 June 2010

Falling In Love..



"Falling in love is like crossing a skeleton pedestrian bridge."

I am scared of heights. Especially when I could see and feel that I am slowly being ‘physically elevated’ from one place to another. But much, much more when I can literally see that I am moving up or being raised from the ground, the comfort zone wherein I wouldn’t fall hard either I would accidentally slip on my own or when somebody would bump on me carelessly enough to cause me little accidents like stepping on my shoes or make me lose my grip on whatever I have in my hands.

The higher I go up, the more spine-chilling it gets. It’s like the Earth’s stopping its orbit and I am frozen in time – not knowing when I could reach the very last step of it which is the highest. When I would be halfway through it, it’s always a crossroad. Should I move continuously up or should I step down while I can still manage the steps and just take the longer way around to get me to the other side of the road.

It gives an identical feeling when I am at the verge of ‘liking’ somebody way beyond the mere fondness. I have to stop and ask myself: Should I go forward or should I step back? Sometimes it’s just hard to let go of something that you know you’ve always wanted all your life. Though it’s hard to wait around for something that you think ‘might’ not happen but it’s even harder to give it all up when it’s everything that you long to have. It’s hard to let go of the thought that you might possibly fall-in-love.

But like going up the skeleton pedestrian bridge, each step of the way in ‘liking’ and eventually ‘falling’ for someone sends a chilling numbness in my being because of the fact that though it would give me a blissful feeling at the start and knowing that soon I will be at the top of the steps - I would never, ever know what’s waiting for me there. It is always a question if I would remain to be standing there ( which is the most ideal and will make me truly happy), or after reaching the top, my knees would be trembling big time because I have a broken-heart and I have to step down, no matter how shattered I feel.

But then despite this thoughts, I always try to take the steps one at a time, telling myself that in no time, there will be answers to my questions. It might not be really heart-friendly when the other person would not reciprocate what I feel but no one can use directives in matters of the heart. However things would be in the end, more often than not, it is what we feel at present that’s important and the majority are always willing to risk it all to experience the bliss of falling & being in-love.

It was said that ‘To Love With Utter Abandon Without Knowing What The Future Would Bring Is Magic..” It could be simply said as ‘let go of all your fears and just fall-in-love’. And who doesn’t want a little magic in their lives?

When friends would ask me for some good advice, I always tell them this: “When you know what will make you happy, go for it.. sometimes, there’s no second chances..” , with a smile, a blink, a hug and a post-script saying, ‘..but don’t forget to keep half of the love for yourself..’. That is so, when it wouldn’t work out right, they’d still be standing on their feet and wouldn’t be crushed down to the ground. Maybe I should take that advice for myself.

But I always give 100%. And wherever it would bring me, I could use the love or the hurt to toughen my knees and hopefully, to cross the bridge with my heart and soul still intact and my major senses functioning right..

Photo Credits: flicker.com

7 comments:

  1. simmons beautyrest mattressWednesday, July 28, 2010 10:59:00 pm

    Submitted on 2010/07/17 at 8:24pm

    Really nice article. Theoretically I could write anything like this as well, but taking the time and effort to produce a very good write-up is many effort..
    .but what can I say….I’m a procrastinater. Great read however.

    From simmons beautyrest mattress
    simmonsbeautyrestmattressnow.info
    Loyola56@gmail.com

    Comment posted at http://tsocolategirl.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Submitted on 2010/07/18 at 10:14am

    Thanks ’simmons beautyrest mattress’ for your comment. Writing takes effort, yes.. bcoz you really have to love what you write. But it takes more of the thoughts in my head and most of the time, I just have to write ém down at once bcoz it might all slip away.

    Comment posted at http://tsocolategirl.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your page, good reading, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2011/01/05 at 6:38 pm

    This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2011/01/05 at 8:45 am

    Finally, an issue that I am passionate about. I have looked for information of this caliber for the last several hours. Your site is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. intradaystrategies@yahoo.comFriday, January 07, 2011 2:43:00 am

    2010/12/31 at 12:58 am

    Awesome post, friend! Im going to subscribe to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2010/12/29 at 9:59 pm

    I have been reading out a few of your articles and i can state pretty clever stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Write something about this post..