Monday 7 June 2010

Lucky Coin


I was standing near a parking ticket machine beside the road to hail a cab when I saw a guy trying to get a ticket for his parking but his coin could not get through. I saw him tried over and over again and I have thought that the machine could be faulty. He glanced over my direction as if he was aware that I am watching him and smiled. He tried twice again his coin but the machine still keeps on giving it out, instead of a ticket.

He approached me for a coin. So I looked in my purse and at the best of his luck, I have there one single coin. I handed it over to him and he gave me the coin which the machine did not accept. When he inserted the coin I gave him, he got his parking ticket in a second. He smiled again at me and said, ‘Lucky Coin!’ and thanked me.

While am seated inside the cab, I wondered.. ‘How many lucky coins do we have in our lives?' They are those little things which practically save us from real troubles and unwanted incidents. We could be receiving our lucky coins everyday but maybe we’re just too passive to notice them.

It could be that unwanted call that brings good news, or an accidental acquaintance from nowhere who became a valuable contact eventually, or a friend calling you when you lost your way and you run out of credit on your phone.

And we, in some ways, could be a lucky coin, too – to others – just like my story in the beginning of this blog. When you will be reading between the lines, it’s not really the coin that got the guy lucky but it is my presence at the same place where he needs some luck.

Lucky coins, I believe, duplicates itself more often than usual. Be a lucky coin to others and you’ll attract more of them in your lives. Or do it the other way around – Pick ‘em up and give ‘em away.

Photo Credits: flicker.com, solidperfume.com

4 comments:

  1. From http://tsocolategirl.blog.com -
    gucci handbags Says:
    August 1st, 2010 at 6:08 am

    You write very detailed,Pay tribute to you.Couldn’t be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

    replicahandbagsite.com
    Evenson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. From http://tsocolategirl.blog.com -
    TsoCoLate Says:
    August 3rd, 2010 at 5:49 am edit

    Thank you for the comment you posted. I am glad that you liked my ‘Lucky Coin’ blog. I have more write-ups at http://tsocolate.blogspot.com - that’s where I maintain most of my stuff. Hope to read more of your comments there. I really love it when someone is telling me what they think of what I write. Thanks again! And share my site as well to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, great post on Lucky Coin | My Own Little World , can I have your rss feed so I can get for your website? Savocchia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very good read by you looking forward to come back more really soon.

    ReplyDelete

Write something about this post..